Route 53 がレイテンシベースのルーティングに対応したそうです。
From: Amazon Web Services
Subject: Amazon Route 53 Announces Latency Based Routing
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 08:33:55 +0000 (UTC)
Dear Amazon Web Services Customer,
We are excited to announce Latency Based Routing (LBR) for Amazon Route 53, AWS’s highly reliable cost-effective DNS service. LBR, one of Amazon Route 53’s most requested features, helps you improve your application’s performance for a global audience. LBR works by routing your customers to the AWS endpoint (e.g. EC2 instances, Elastic IPs or ELBs) that provides the fastest experience based on actual performance measurements of the different AWS regions where your application is running.
You can start using Amazon Route 53’s new LBR feature quickly and easily by using either the AWS Management Console or an easy-to-use API. You simply create a record set that includes the IP addresses or ELB names of various AWS endpoints and mark that record set as an LBR-enabled Record Set. Amazon Route 53 takes care of the rest - determining the best endpoint for each request and routing end users accordingly, much like Amazon CloudFront, Amazon Web Services’ global content delivery service, does.
LBR gives you an easy and inexpensive way to serve your end-users faster, no matter where they are. And, like all AWS services, there are no upfront fees or long term commitments to use Amazon Route 53 and LBR.
You can also learn more about LBR from the following resources:
- Jeff Barr’s blog post on Latency Based Routing at http://aws.typepad.com/aws/2012/03/latency-based-multi-region-routing-now-available-for-aws.html.
- The Amazon Route 53 Developer Guide at http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/Route53/latest/DeveloperGuide/CreatingLatencyRRSets.html.
We hope you enjoyed receiving this message. If you wish to remove yourself from receiving future product announcements and the monthly AWS Newsletter, please update your communication preferences at https://aws-portal.amazon.com/gp/aws/developer/account/index.html/xxxx
Amazon Web Services LLC is a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Amazon.com is a registered trademark of Amazon.com, Inc. This message produced and distributed by Amazon Web Services, LLC, 1918 8th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101.
- latency 待ち時間 遅延 レイテンシ
- highly reliable 信頼性が高い
- cost-effective 費用対効果の高い コスパがよい
- one of Amazon Route 53’s most requested features 要望の多かった機能のひとつ
- helps you improve your application's performance アプリの性能を改善するのを助ける (のに役立つ)
- for a global audience 世界中の観衆(エンドユーザ)にとっての
- works by ...ing ...することによって効果を発揮する
- routing your customers エンドユーザを導く
- to the AWS endpoint (e.g. EC2 instances, Elastic IPs or ELBs) AWSのエンドポイント(例えば EC2のインスタンスや, Elastic IPアドレス, あるいは ELBのロードバランサ)に
- that provides the fastest experience (そのエンドポイントが)最速の体験をもたらす(=エンドユーザからみて速い)
- based on actual performance measurements 実際の性能測定に基いて
- of the different AWS regions where your application is running アプリが稼動している場所とは異なるリージョンからの
Route 53 の概要ページ